Friday, July 1, 2011

Frustration pacified

Well, things are looking a bit more encouraging for my visa! I finally was able to talk to a rep of the company that processes the payments and learned that the way the money orders are supposed to be made out has changed and they will be sending mine back. So I've sent them another one, and hopefully they will process it quickly! Then I've got to get all the other documentation I need together and send it to D.C., and as long as they get it back to me by the end of the month, I'm good to go!

This incident really led me to wonder about the place of frustration in the life of a disciple. To what extent should the "do not worry" "be anxious for nothing" trust in God override the normal human reaction when we're trying to accomplish something very important to us and keep getting hindered to the point of considering drastic options that may still not help? The ageless dichotomy of relinquish and responsibility. Just another art my Father is teaching me, as I remind myself not to be discouraged that I don't learn it faster.

Thank you for your prayers. How I thank my Father also for inviting us just to rest in Him.

1 comment: