1. What excites you most about the opportunity of relocating to Zambia?Really being in touch with the people I've been trying to serve for the last four years, and being able to partner with them to get curriculum written in so many areas we've wanted to see developed: biblical health and life management, different fields like computers, business, and accounting, possibly even primary-level education!
I'm also excited about possibilities that I might have to help ministries offer the program we have already developed.
2. Beyond your professional life, what are you passionate about?Well, God is the passion of my life, and that's really why I am so passionate about my work is that it channels my passion for God, knowing and making Him known. Growing up, I loved school because all the areas of learning illustrate God's handiwork and character. Now I get to make disciples sharing that.
But to give an answer that has nothing to do with my professional life, dancing. I've always loved it. Irish set dancing has been an important part of my life for the past four years. Fortunately, I hear tell there is salsa dancing in Lusaka, so I'll have an outlet!
3. What is one personal challenge you carry with right now?Figuring out how my ministry and life plans are going to fit with my relationship with Kenneth. Loving my boyfriend and my work so much and not knowing how a long-term commitment to both would work is taking quite a bit of faith! But it will be worth it, I'm sure :)
4. What are you reading right now?Hebrews (with rabbit trains into Psalms, Isaiah, and Habakkuk)
Time of Singing (Christian poetry periodical)
Little Russian Philokalia (devotional book; gift from Kenneth)
Basics of Biblical Hebrew
Unhidden by Don Richardson (attempts to unify physics at the molecular and cosmic level with the nature of God with the ideas of values as dimensions and a hierarchy of laws that apply to both the material and moral world)
The Church in God's Program by Robert Saucy
Donal Grant by George MacDonald
The Cosmic Dancers by Amit Goswami (a fun one on the physics of science fiction classics)
5. Any final thoughts you want to leave with us?"Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised.
'For yet in a very little while,
He who is coming will come, and will not delay.
But My righeous one shall live by faith;
And if he shrinks back, My soul has no pleasure in him.'
But we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the persevering of the soul."--Hebrews 10:35-39