Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

I would normally consider it most germane (I love that word) to wait until next week to put a "Thankful" post, but today I've been so reminded of my blessings that I'm overflowing. I am truly awestruck at just how good God continues to be to me. First, of course, there's that whole salvation bit – loving me enough to come to this miserable world where I am, to suffer and die to bring me life, to restore me from the fear and pride that enslaved me, to bring me into His wonderful life of love. That's enough to sing of forever. And yet He keeps making it more wonderful. He brings along my way so many precious people who give me sparks of His grace. He's given me the opportunity to learn—to read and think and understand things like the story arc, programming logic, stoichiometry, periodic motion, contentment, pedagogical principles, the effects of media on the family, and write about them. Then on top of that He's given me such an amazing opportunity to use the fantastic gifts and talents He's given me to be part of His Kingdom spreading among the rich, beautiful hearts of Africa. And as if that weren't more than enough, then He brought into my life one of His sons who humbles and challenges me with his devotion to the Lord, and who blows me away with how much he loves me.

How can it be that amid all this I sometimes still find myself sinking into doubts that tempt me to grumble? And how can it be that in those times, He sends me yet another reminder that His grace is unlimited ... like the couple who told me today they want to join my support team, though they're probably struggling with their finances even more than I am. Blown away again.

What can I do in the face of all this lovingkindness? Nothing but fall to my knees whispering, "God is so good. God is so good. So very good."

1 comment:

  1. I can't help but see you smiling as you wrote this, and the awesome Father that's behind it.

    ReplyDelete