Monday, September 10, 2012

Back in the saddle

Yes, I'm sorry, I so meant to post at least once this past month. Thank you for not giving up on me. For those of you who don't know, about twice a year I work at the South Plains College Bookstore (thanks to my dad who's the text manager there). It's 4-6 weeks of full time (or more) work, and after spending all day on my feet, unpacking, stacking, and counting books, or walking dozens of people around the store finding their books and filling internet orders, and some draining issues my family is working through, it was a fight to stay awake long enough to answer my TEN3 e-mails in the evenings. I'm really thankful, though, for the chance to earn some money without having to put my ministry on hold for more than a few weeks at a time. God takes care of me very well :)

Don't worry, I haven't been totally idle with TEN3, though! I got an upgrade to my Puppy Linux distro, which hopefully will solve some of the problems I've run into in the Spreadsheet Essentials conversion. If I have time, it would be good to test some of the word processing features I could never get to work (like bibliography entries) and see if we can bring those elements back with this upgrade. I also had an interesting Skype meeting with some partners in Nigeria, which I'll share about later.

I'd also had my Relationship Development Ministry (newsletters, this blog, meetings and other letters inviting people to pray and give to my ministry) more or less on hold, but as you can see I'm jumping on that again! Missed you all! I'll have some more news to share soon, but for now I thank you all for your faithfulness to remember and pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment