Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Pressing on!

Praise the Lord that the TEN3 team has been given permission by the SIM Nigeria director to come to the country in August! It's looking like I'm going to fly out on August 3 and return on August 27. Praise the Lord also that I have been given enough one-time donations to cover the cost of this flight. Those of you who heard my report last year may remember that I went with six men. This time it's going to be seven men and me! Our new CEO, Claude Kennedy, will be coming with us. Some of the team members still need some gifts to be able to go, so I'd appreciate prayer for that.

In the meantime, I will be VERY BUSY preparing! A quick list of things I have to edit and publish:

  1. The TEN3 Orientation Manual for all workshop attendees
  2. The principals' introduction for the ECWA principals who will be there
  3. The teachers' guide for the fifteen or so teachers we will train, God willing.
  4. The Curriculum and Material Writers Guide for those who will be joining us as curriculum writers (we're hoping for about twelve)
  5. The Material Development Guide for editors (I'd like to work with Ruth and train two)
  6. Computer Essentials, our introductory computer course
  7. Spreadsheet Essentials
  8. Our CTO Bible course, which goes with the computer courses. This is a survey through the entire Bible as a single story.
Please pray for me as I work on all this, that I will be diligent and discretionary in my time, that my computer(s) will cooperate and not mess up the master documents as I update them, that I keep all the data together in the right places so that Ken will be able to package them correctly. Most of all, please pray that the materials and our presentation of them will be instrumental in transforming the hearts of educators and students to be like Christ.

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you, oh so excited :) I'll continue praying for you. May God bless you with strength, energy and drive to complete the tasks set before you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for "moving on". I just don't have the time and energy to keep it going. However, I have added yours to my feed reader. Between that and Facebook, I am sure we can keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete